WHAT IS SHA?
Founded in 1982, the Sound Healers Association (SHA) is the original organization dedicated to expanding the uses of sound and music as therapeutic and transformational modalities. We invite you to explore our site and experience the extraordinary world of sound healing and sound therapy.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- To research and explore the uses of sound and music for well-being,
to share and promote awareness of this knowledge and to network internationally
those active in such work for the betterment of all.
- To promote the education and awareness of the therapeutic and transformative
uses of sound and music, including dissemination of information and
activities such as music and toning groups in hospitals, hospices,
holistic centers and schools.
- To research and investigate various techniques of sound and music
for well-being and to objectively study the effects of sound and music
on the whole being.
- To network people involved in the area of sound, music and the health
profession, including an International Directory of SHA members and
their skills, a newsletter featuring articles and announcements of
workshops and concerts related to sound, music and well-being, and
the establishment of other groups of similar nature and national conferences.
- To features guest lecturers who will speak on their area of expertise
and to sponsor lecturers, workshops and concerts.
- To establish a meeting place where people may share and explore
interests and experiences in the uses of sound and music for well-being.
- To establish a library of printed and recorded material pertinent
to the uses of sound and music for well-being.
- To work with the energies of sound, music and health without preference
to any spiritual, religious or esoteric path or any preconceived system
so that true knowledge may unfold.
- To establish Sound Centers where professionals can teach, research,
network, practice and share their knowledge and information of sound
as a therapeutic and transformational modality with each other and
with the public.